New Babies, Weddings, and Heroes
New Baby!
Julia (Tillman) and husband Nic DeCrescentis recently had a daughter, Faye LaRee DeCrescentis on October 1, 2017 in Roseville, California. Julia is the granddaughter of Shirley, and the daughter of Bob Tillman).Food Drive Successful

Jeff Loeks, as you recall from the last blog, planned to fill a truck with donated food and if filled, he would marry his sweetheart Rachel Ann. I took a drive up there to donate food and also visit with Jeff and attend his wedding. Jeff was successful in filling the truck and the wedding took place. It was a beautiful event and I got to meet his kids too. Jeff is Virginia's son. Will post a wedding picture later when I receive it, but here is a pic of me and Jeff as well as Jeff and Rachel Ann.Heroic Cousin - Bend Fire Department Awards Teen for Saving Life
A distant cousin, but a cousin nonetheless--First I need to explain the family relationship. The family is growing so quickly and adding generations that I will need to explain. First, most people reading this blog are descended from Willard Olin through his son, Charles. Charles' kids are probably your parents, grandparents, or even as far as g-g-grandparents. Willard had a sister named Sadie who married Will Sandretzky. This is one of Sadie's descendants that I am sharing information about.
Here are some snippets from a newspaper article and you can click on the link to read more. Israel Hawley, then 17 years old, saved the life of his grandfather, Donald Sandretzky, who went into cardiac arrest while driving his family to church. Israel performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for about eight minutes while waiting for Bend Police to arrive. Hawley, who did not have prior CPR training, followed the directions of a 911 dispatcher.
Bend Fire Battalion Chief of Administration David Howe notes that this made the difference between life and death.
"Without Israel," says his grandmother Pauline Sandretzky, "he couldn't have been saved," she says.
It took roughly eight minutes for trained emergency techs to arrive on the scene, and for that time Hawley was able to keep his grandfather alive.
Taken from: Bend Fire Department Awards Teen for Saving Life - New CPR and PulsePoint App help increase chances for survival, By Angela Moore written April 13, 2016. Weekly Source.
Do you have news to share? I will gladly give permission to any cousins who would like to contribute family news. Or, just send me an email with your news.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I reserve the right to edit or delete offensive comments.